S. J. da Ponta Grossa

It started to be built in 1740, and was part of the defense triangle of the Northern bay. In the XVIII century, it had 31 cannons to protect the fort against a possible spanish invasion which happened in 1777. Ironically it was never used and consequently it was abandoned for its lucky over the years.

Advertisement